XXIV Marketing Manifesto: What we stand for, our mission statement, and our values to strive to embody each & every pillar, on a daily basis: 24 key company policies, emphasizing the 24 hours a day which we work towards these goals.
The Ubiquity of the web gives power to all people.
The web should empower, not frustrate
We design visual interfaces (what people see and how they use it) for web sites and applications. We focus on making sure these sites are both useful and easy to use.
How you fit in
We work with smart clients who understand that it’s the customer, not org-charts or office politics, that matters most. These clients are hard to find, so when we get them we treat them well.
This site is a look into our minds
Inside you’ll find our philosophy for simplicity in design, our influences, and ideas that drive us.
People Do Business with People, not Companies or Conglomerates.
- The people who visit websites aren’t “users,” click-throughs, unique hits, demographics or lonely numbers on a spreadsheet, or some other form of dehumanizing jargon. They’re your grandpa, your wife, your mom, the guy who talk to you way too much at the cooler. But they’re real PEOPLE, just like you and me.
- That’s why we think a successful site is one that makes real people’s lives easier; One that makes them say, “This site worked for me.” So we’ve made it our mission to ensure this kind of experience at the sites we build. At AlchemyLeads, we don’t just see users, or traffic — we see people, no different that us.
3. Ambassador of Internal Buzz?
A tight group of eight dedicated to their expertise and specializations in search engine optimization, content marketing & delighting our customers with their experiences.
THE OTHER “BIG” GUYS:
Business Applications Analyst
CE Production Manager
Desktop Support Specialist
Elite Application Specialist
European Sales Liaison
Front-End Technology Engineer
Manager of External Reporting
Special Projects Analyst
VP/Director of Pricing
4. Size DOES Matter
- We’re small and we like it that way. It gives us the ability to turn on a dime, deliver projects quickly, and dedicate extraordinary attention to your assignment.
- Our size allows us to work on projects we want to do rather than projects we have to do. Plus at times we can all fit in one UberXL if we squeeze, and break a few laws.
5. Fulfillment Oriented, Our Marketers Outnumber our Sales staff by more than 8 to 1.
In most agencies, account executives outnumber the copywriters two to one. If you were a dairy farmer, would you employ twice as many milkers as you had cows?
6. We’re Non-Traditionalists and Rule Breakers and We’re Proud of That, You Should be too.
- We’ve worked for the big guys (Tattoo.com., Ginger Hippo, REThunk, Maverick Media, among others) and left because we felt we could do better.
- Now it’s our turn, to prove what we always knew we were capable of.
7. We copywrite like humans, and we absolutely hate corporate jargon and mumbo jumbo.
- If you can’t explain complex ideas in a simple and concise way, than you probably don’t fully understand the complex idea, yourself.
- Writing is not the place to skimp on your budget. Seduce me, entice me, entertain me with words. Don’t be cryptic, don’t be stupid, and please don’t be dull.
8. When Your Rule Breaking Solutions Don’t Work, Refer Back to Ockham’s Razor
- the problem-solving principle that “entities should not be multiplied without necessity”, or more simply, the simplest explanation is usually the right one.
9. The 2 Second Rule
- “Remember the two-second rule. Consumers have less than two seconds worth of patience while waiting for your pages to load. This is especially true for home pages. It’s like the restaurant business mantra: Don’t keep them waiting, or they’ll leave and never return.”
- New research by Google has found that 53% of mobile website visitors will leave if a webpage doesn’t load within three seconds. See their latest industry benchmarks for mobile and site speed performance.
- The average load time for sites is 19 seconds on a 3G connection and 14 seconds on a 4G connection.
- The report, “The Need for Mobile Speed,” found that mobile sites that loaded within five seconds performed much better than those that took 19 seconds to load: Sites that loaded within 5 seconds boast 25% higher ad viewability, 70% longer average sessions, and a 35% lower bounce rate.
10. Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
- Steve Jobs
- Nikola Tesla
- Alan Turing
- David Ogilvy
- Elon Musk
- Chamath Palihapitiya
- Satoshi Nakamoto
- Eric Ward (RIP)
11. F*$K Your “Marketing Awards”
- AlchemyLeads and its subsidiaries do not enter award competitions.
- We believe that the marketing and communication awards “industry” encourages agencies to misplace their priorities on the opinions of their peers, and their own profitability, rather than the results of their customers.
12. We’re Anti-Suits in the Workplace, & Anti “Sales Guys” – We’d place a friendly wager than we dislike them more than you do.
- That’s why we don’t have any. Call us and you’ll talk with someone who’s an expert at building web sites, not at selling you something you don’t need.
- Call “XYZ Upcoming National Agency” and you’ll get a new business development manager or someone else who knows little about the web. This may help increase THEIR sales but what does it do for you.
- THEN, after you’ve made any kind of connection with your person, as soon as you pay you’re more than likely be sent to someone else within the company who will only be half us to speed — and you’ll have to have many of those same conversations again, and again, and… you get it.
- At Alchemy, we keep it a buck.
- No used cars. No snake oil. No lemons. No miracle cures or fad diets.
- Just an honest take on what your web site should be and what it will cost. Refreshing, isn’t it?
13. Slogans We Stand For
- Good SEO (TM)
- Good SEO Starts Here
- Search Marketing with Love
- People do Business with People, not Companies.
- Client happiness comes before anything, we’ll worry about profitably later.
14. Our CEO’s Name Might Rhyme with Sean Connery, but We Ain’t 007
- We optimize profitable websites and mobile apps, we do not however build gadgets for James Bond.
- Many of our peers do their best impersonation of Q at Mi6, toying with over-hyped and flashy but unproven web toys and tools, all while claiming its’ the “next generation” technology.
- We don’t care about being the first to use the newest web gizmos. We believe in being thoughtful and providing the simplest, best possible solution for our clients.You don’t need a pen that’s also a parachute, you need a web site that works for the people who use it.
15. My Nephew’s Best Friend Says He is a Web Designer!
- Then let him do it. That’s fine! Maybe a great learning experience for him on your dime.
- The money you save by using your cousin’s buddy is nothing compared with the cost in time and money required to undo his mistakes.
- In other words, when you pay cheap, be prepared to pay a few more times.
- Is it better to live rich than die rich?
16. Tulipomania – Don’t Buy Into The Hype of the Moment!
- In the late 1500s, tulips were introduced to Holland. The flower was considered so rare that wealthy aristocrats and merchants tripped over themselves to buy them. Speculation ensued and the flower became wildly overvalued.
- In 1637 the tulip trade crashed. People who thought of themselves as extremely rich were reduced to poverty overnight.
- Trends are temporary. Don’t just do something because everyone else is doing it – do something because it makes sense
17. Lucky Link Lads
- https://ericward.com/ (RIP)
18. As Soon as Humanly Possible (ASAP)
- We know, we know…you need it done yesterday. We’re all living in web time now and it’s redundant to even bother saying a project needs to be done ASAP.
- At AlchemyLeads, we forgo the bloat and bureaucracy that plagues our industry. We don’t have red tape or 5 layers of management. When you talk to us, you talk to us – not someone representing us.
- We’re sharp, efficient, and pay attention to the details. It’s amazing what a difference this can make.
- Some terms we’ve heard over the past, that we deeply despise “oh, it wasn’t sent through the proper channels” or “well, we’re slow because we’ve always done it this way!” — Yuck. Not with us!
19. Always Searching for the Highest Common Denominator (HCD)
- Steve Jobs, Apple CEO and co-founder on building a tight team of very talented people:”…I found that there were these incredibly great people at doing certain things, and you couldn’t replace one of these people with 50 average people. They could just do stuff that no number of average people could do…small and medium-sized teams of these people could accomplish extraordinary things and run circles around large teams of normal people.”
20. We Come in Peace!
- Be not afraid. We’re not racing to IPO; Big billings are not what drives us.
- What drives us is the knowledge that the everyday person is seeing only the smallest glimpse, 1/100th at best, of the full potential of digital media today. To most folks, the web is a scary place. Our mission is to change that perception.
21. Fibonacci and the Golden Ratio
- The golden ratio describes predictable patterns on everything from atoms to huge stars in the sky. The ratio is derived from something called the Fibonacci sequence, named after its Italian founder, Leonardo Fibonacci. Nature uses this ratio to maintain balance, and the financial markets seem to as well.
- “3, 6, 9 – From the window to the wall!”
22. Our Main Takeaway from The Alchemist – by Paulo Coelho
- Your heart is the language of God says Paulo Coelho in The Alchemist and no matter what obstacles or fear you face, if you follow your heart you’ll always learn a lesson and come out the other side being 1 step closer to what your soul desires.
23. “It is quality rather than quantity that matters.” (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- The way to choose quality over quantity is to raise your standards within all areas of your life. We have to really value ourselves if we want to choose the highest quality people, things, habits, mindsets, so on and so forth.
- If we don’t make the decision to value ourselves then we will constantly find ourselves in a place that lacks meaning and depth. Over time, this can destroy our lives.
- So, start with one thing and decide to choose quality over quantity. For example, if you have a choice between a acai berry bowl or ice cream then choose the banana. As you do this over time, you will begin to feel the momentum of choosing quality over quantity.
- “Quality over quantity is my main policy” – Binary Star
24. Our Expert Team of Specialized Marketing Alchemists
- Sean Chaudhary
- CG Pandey
- Jordan Rininger
- David Butler
- Tanya Sethiy
- Salah Lahbabi
- Jahir Reyhan
- Rahul Bhatia
- Brian Li
24 Reasons to choose to work with AlchemyLeads, LLC