Traffic is the life and blood of a website. You might have spent half of your entire life’s savings on getting the prettiest website in the world, but if you don’t attract much traffic, it will be a total waste. In a world dominated by the internet, making an online presence is indispensable.
To get far-reaching results for your business, it is imperative to get a website that works well and attracts a fair amount of traffic each day. We’ll give you an example: A and B opened their respective shops in the same town with the same capital amount. A went ahead and invested 50% of the capital in making his shop attractive, presentable, and the other 50% in acquiring things to sell. On the other hand, B invested only 25% in setting up aesthetics for his shop, 50% in getting goods to sell, and 25% in advertising. Who do you think attracted more customers? B, of course.
Now replace the advertising aspect with web traffic, and you will get the answer. To be precise, building a website is not just about advertising your business but also serves several other purposes. Let’s discuss them.
Importance of Bringing Traffic To Your Website
While we discussed the importance of getting traffic to your website, we must insist that we mean ‘quality traffic.’ Your website’s conversion rates will determine the number of quality traffic.
You want to attract people who actually need your products/services and buy them from your website. The number of quality leads will increase your revenue.
The internet is an ocean of websites. You have to get visitors in order to attract more visitors. Another aspect here is to increase the stay time for your visitors. When your visitors stay for a longer time on your website, it increases engagement and boosts your website’s growth.
How to Check Traffic on Your Website?
It becomes impossible to track your growth when you don’t know your current standing. Similarly, you must know how many visitors you are attracting and then track the data to manage traffic. While there are plenty of free and paid tools available to track traffic, the best one out there is definitely Google Analytics. It is easy-to-use, free, and gives accurate results.
Using Google Analytics, you can track your website’s visitors and track new users, and the time people spent on your website. You can then apply various techniques and methods to increase traffic on your website to test how they are performing until you get the desired result.
3 Essential Tips to Attract Traffic to Your Website
If your website is not getting enough visitors, you can try these tested tips to increase traffic to your website:
Know how to get traffic:
It may sound rude, but maybe you aren’t getting traffic to your website because you don’t know how to get them. There’s nothing to be ashamed of. We understand maintaining a website and running a business alongside can be quite a task, hence we have come up with some basic tips which can help you increase traffic on your website:
- Interview someone in your niche: This is a unique way to increase traffic to your website. You can also review or give a testimonial to someone you’ve worked with. It results in a massive traffic increase and backlinks as the people you interview/review would surely share the articles on their pages.
- Get a mobile app: People these days look for simplicity and ease of work. They won’t waste their time looking for new websites if your mobile application is installed on their phones. Hence, apps are a great way to reach your audience and stay connected with them. When you get your mobile application designed, it plays a major role in this segment, so make sure to pay attention to it.
- Newsletters: This tactic never fails to work. Ask your visitors to subscribe to your newsletter if they like what you have published. This would send them a notification/email every time you put a new post, and you’d have recurring visitors.
- Organize a contest or giveaway: Who doesn’t like FREE stuff? Organizing contests and giveaways are another way to attract the audience to your website.
- Use forums religiously: Platforms such as Reddit and Quora are a gold mine of attracting traffic to your website. Answer queries related to your niche on these platforms, redirecting users to your website if they need more information.
- Use creative infographic: Don’t just focus on the written form of content to work on your website. Try graphics that reveal exact information within less space.
Optimize your website
Optimizing your website is your best shot at getting noticed and found by search engines. When your website lands on the first few pages on search engines, you will definitely attract a good traffic amount. With the right SEO tools, you can stop wasting time on trial and errors and keep a tab on what actually works for you. You can generate organic traffic using these SEO tools:
- SEM Rush
- Schema Pro
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Moz Pro
- Answer the Public
While some of these tools are free to use, some might need you to incur some charges. However, if you want to boost up traffic to your website, you should invest in these as it will help your business in the long-term.
Level up your content game
The content you publish on your website plays a dramatic role in attracting (and retaining) a majority of your visitors. If you curate and publish helpful, relevant, and engaging posts that the audience likes to read, you will automatically generate more traffic.
Another tip here is to use SEO optimized content for your website. This would ensure you are getting the right kind of traffic on your page rather than just some vague visitors. Develop a strong content strategy, focusing on the niche you deal with. Demonstrate your expertise in the niche by sharing answers to common questions people ask. Keep your content updated regularly, so your article doesn’t go out of fashion.
To Sum Up
Generating organic leads to your website, which offers better conversion rates, will push your business to new heights. Using the strategies and tips mentioned above religiously, you will notice a consistent increase in your website’s visitor list. Better visitors lead to better revenue in the future, which will be a long-term asset for your business.
By Baron Williams, a freelance writer, digital marketing specialist and social media manager.